So last weekend I went to a Dior workshop in Parkson Pavilion Mall KL. It was free of charge and you get to have a Dior Star makeover plus a 1 on 1 session with Dior Makeup Artist. Well, the MUA that did my makeover was Zaidi Zain, he was very friendly and informative on explaining to me how to do a proper skincare routine and makeup application. You can ask him to do a specific look or just tell him to do whatever look he feels suitable, but I chose for a subtle smokey eye look cause smokey eye is the one thing I just can’t master! Ugh.
Here, Mr Zain used :
- Dior Cleansing Water (RM 130)
- Dior Hydra Life Lotion 1 (RM 168)
- Dior Hydra Life Essence in Lotion (RM 258)
- Dior Hydra Life Essence in Milk (RM 258)
- Dior Hydra Life Hydrating Eye Cream (RM 190)
- Dior Hydra Life Moist & Fix Spray (RM 112)
- Dior Hydra Life Base (RM 175)
- Dior Eyes Essential Eye Zone Boosting Serum (RM 230)
- Dior Diorskin Star Foundation in 021 Linen (RM 165)
- Dior Diorskin Forever Compact in 002 Transparent Medium (RM 165)
- Dior Diorskin Star Concealer in 002 Beige (RM 120)
- Dior Blush in 639 Beige Jacket (RM 155)
- Dior Blush in 421 Starlight (RM 155)
- Dior Diorshow Brow Styler in 001 Universal Brown (RM 83)
- Dior Eye Shadow 5 couleursin 796 Cuir Cannage (RM 225)
- Dior Backstage Eye Primer
- Dior Mono Eyeshadow in Mirror
- Dior Glow Maximizer
- Dior Diorshow Art Pen in 095 Catwalk Black (RM 110)
- Dior Eyeliner Waterproof in 094 Trinidad Black (RM 75)
- Dior Diorshow Lash Maximizer (RM 110)
- Dior Diorshow New Look Mascara (RM 110)
- Dior Universal Lip Contour (RM 80)
- Dior Addict Lip Maximizer (RM 97)
- Dior Rouge Baume in 640 Milly (RM 110)
Alright, so that was that. Now let’s get into the review..
What They Say :
♥ A lightweight foundation with Broad Spectrum SPF 30 that brightens, evens skin tone, and reduces the appearance of dark spots.
♥ Inspired by the professional illuminating techniques and expertise of its makeup artists, Dior invents Diorskin Star, its 1st brightening foundation: a weightless fluid capable of recreating the spectacular and perfecting light of Dior’s studios.
♥ The complexion is instantly more luminous and visibly more even. A new generation of hollow silica beads captures and diffuses light in a correcting halo with no shine. At the same time, colour-filter pigments neutralize colour imbalances to recreate the perfect light.
♥ The complexion is purified and more dazzling. Anti-“light-trap” skincare ingredients help reduce the appearance of dark areas, pigment spots and redness.
What I Say :
♥ The foundation is quite lightweight, it is creamy and not watery at all, it’s not runny when I pump it on to the back of my hand. The pump is efficient, doesn’t dispense too much of the product. And it’s good because I can control how much pumps I need to cover my face with.
♥ It evens out my skin tone and doesn’t look like mask cause I still can see the small mole on my cheeks. But it wasn’t able to cover my acute dark circle 😦
♥ Right after I applied the foundation, I can say that my skin looks glowy but not oily.
♥ It doesn’t oxidize but it will slowly adapt to my natural skin color so it looks more natural and flawless.
♥ After done all my makeup, I totally love the Dior Star Foundation. It made my skin looked flawless and glowing.
♥ I layered this twice and it doesn’t look cakey at all. So with this foundation, I can achieve medium to full coverage. And it totally feels smooth like skin, although when I first applied it, it feels a bit tacky.
♥ This foundation stays put for at least 8-10 hours on me until I feel the need to blot it.
Products I Used :
♦ Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer Light
♦ Dior Diorskin Star Fluid Foundation in 021 Linen
♦ Sigma F80 Flat Kabuki Brush
♦ Beauty Blender
♦ Bare Minerals Stroke of Light Brightening Concealer in Luminous 2
♦ Dior Diorskin Forever Extreme Control Compact Powder in 30 Medium Beige
♦ Guerlain Météorites Perles D’Étoile
♦ Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow Multi Color Powder in 02
♦ Chanel Camélia De Plumes Highlighting Powder
♦ Tarte Amazonian Clay Brow Mousse in Taupe
♦ Chanel Sublime de Chanel Waterproof Mascara
♦ Givenchy Le Rouge in 202 Rose Dressing
Swatches in Comparison with : YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat (B50 – wrong shade), NARS Sheer Glow Foundation (Light 5 – Fiji) and Guerlain Lingerie de Peau (20 Beige Clair – sample)
♥ The Dior Star has more yellow tones compared to the other 3 foundations
♥ A precise match for my skin
♥ Stays true to its color while auto-adjust itself to match my skintone
♥ Luxurious packaging. The cap has a ‘CD’ embossing that makes it look more luxe,
♥ Pump bottle that dispenses small amount of product, efficient enough for me so I won’t end up with too much product on to my hand
♥ It dries quite fast on my skin although it’s still blendable
♥ Has a slightly thick creamy consistency (if that makes sense)
Other Info :
♥ Price : Rm 165
♥ Availability : All Dior Counters in Parkson, Isetan, Robinsons, Metrojaya and Sephora